The centrepiece activity of the day is the five-kilometre dog walk kicking off at 10am at the Lion’s Park Reserve and will travel along the scenic Campaspe River and back to the reserve.
“This walk is about bringing together Echuca’s community of dog lovers and celebrating just how incredible our canine companions are,” said Campaspe Shelter Manager and event emcee Kate Kemp.
“We cannot wait for this year’s event and expect to see many familiar faces as adopted and adored dogs and their families will also be invited.”
For a gold coin donation, dog walkers will be able to register from 9-10am at Lion’s Park Reserve. All funds raised in the dog walk will go to caring for over 1500 lost and abandoned cats and dogs that come into our Campaspe Shelter’s care each year, and giving unwanted pets a fresh start to life.
Also for the first time, event goers will have the opportunity to meet some of our adoption candidates in person, while others will be available to view via our adoption info stations.
“The merits of adopting a shelter animal are endless and as you will see when you meet them in person, they make terrific companions and pets!” said Ms Kemp.
“We’ll have staff on site to guide you to your perfect match and answer any questions you have about adopting or supporting the Home.”
Big thanks to the following local businesses and community organisations who have generously supported the event: Shire of Campaspe, Rose’s Veterinary Practice, ACE dogs, Unleashed Photography, Echuca/Moama Veterinary Clinic, PetStock Echuca, Bunnings, Maximum Coffee and Echuca 1st Scouts.
• Dog Show — prizes awarded for ’best trick’, ‘best costume’ and ‘best owner/dog lookalike’
• Discounted $30 microchipping (bookings not required)
• ChipChecker service (check your pet’s microchip and update your contact details)
• Canine Café courtesy of Rose’s Veterinary Practice
• Pet photography: Have you and your pooch captured at the finishing line!
• An array of stalls offering the latest in pet products and services, health and behaviour tips and information on responsible pet ownership
• Children’s Craft Corner, raffle, BBQ and more!
When: Sunday, April 12
Time: 9am -1pm
Where: Echuca Lion’s Park River Reserve, Echuca
Lions’ Park Reserve to Warren Street and back
Registrations: from 9-10am
Dog walk time: from 10am
Fee: gold coin donation