The sun was shining, birds were singing and 39 cats and kittens were spending the weekend with their new families. This great response across our North Melbourne and Campaspe shelters has brought the total number of felines adopted through the Share the Warmth campaign to 306.
Our shelters still have a large number of loving cats and kittens looking for their perfect match. Cats like Archer from our North Melbourne shelter who has been waiting for his ideal family for 90 days. Or Dudley from our Campaspe shelter who has been carefully looking for his new owner for 215 days.
You might just be the ideal match they are looking for!
For those of you who can’t adopt a cat or kitten there are other ways you can help. We are always on the lookout for dedicated foster carers who can provide a temporary, loving and caring home for the wonderful animals in our care who may need some time out from the shelter environment.
Another way to help us is to use the power of social media or word of mouth to advocate for the fantastic felines looking for a home this winter. Check out dogshome.com/cat-adoption/ to see who is currently looking for their forever home and spread the word!
Share the Warmth (until 30 June)
- Adoption fees waived for cats six months and older – normally $95
- 50 per cent off the adoption fee for kittens six months and younger – normally $170, now $85
All of our adoption candidates come desexed, microchipped, wormed, vaccinated and vet checked, which equals more than $300 of vet care, included with each cat’s adoption.
Renters will need to provide a Rental Agreement showing approval to keep a cat. To receive the discount, you will need to complete our Pet Licence Test at our shelter or online.
How you can help
- Adopt: View our terrific range of cats and kittens at dogshome.com/cat-adoption/. Visit your nearest shelter to meet them in person — our staff are keen to find you your perfect match!
- Foster: We need fosters to care for cats and kittens for an average of two to four weeks. This is a terrific way to give a cat time out in a normal home environment, while creating vital space at our shelters. All expenses are covered and successful applicants will be notified within two weeks of applying. For more information visit our foster care page.
- Advocate: If you cannot adopt, why not advocate for a cat currently seeking a home? Share adoption candidate profiles via your Facebook page, email or via the good ol’ word of mouth!