We currently have over 220 cats and kittens in urgent need of a home. This is an unprecedented number of cats we’ve had in our care at one given time and we urgently need your help.
Our North Melbourne shelter is inundated with adult cats, while our Campaspe Shelter in Echuca has just as many kittens.
Each are deserving of a loving forever home and we want to do all we can to see that this happens.
And, you can help us make a difference. Adopt, foster or advocate!
What we are doing
- We aim to adopt 222 cats and kittens by the end of March.
- From today until the end of March, we are waiving the fee of cats aged 6 months and over.
- From today until the end of March, we are offering 50 per cent off the adoption fee of kittens (under 6 months).
- We have commenced creating more space to accommodate the number cats currently in our care.
How you can help
- Adopt: View our terrific range of cats and kittens at dogshome.com. Visit your nearest shelter to meet them in person — our staff are keen to find you your perfect match! Remember you will need to complete your Pet Licence test to take advantage of these offers.
- Foster: We need fosters to care for cats and kittens for an average of two to four weeks. This is a terrific way to give a cat time out in a normal home environment, while creating vital space at our shelters. All expenses are covered and successful applicants will be notified within two weeks of applying. For more information visit our foster care page.
- Advocate: If you cannot adopt, why not advocate for a cat currently seeking a home? Share adoption candidate profiles via your Facebook page, email or via the good ol’ word of mouth!
Keep an eye out on our website and our Facebook page for developments!