Thank you for your interest in donating goods to The Lost Dogs’ Home! We’re grateful for your support and donations of pet supplies.
As a charity that receives no ongoing government funding, every donated item means vital funds can be redirected to veterinary and other essential care.
What goods can I donate?
Donated goods must be in good condition, clean and have no damage. We gratefully accept the donation of:
- Blankets: Clean and in good condition, with no stains, holes or frayed edges. No electric blankets
- Beach and bath towels: Clean and in good condition, with no stains, holes or frayed edges.
- Dry and wet food: In its original, intact packaging and within the expiry date. No raw food or bones.
- Dog coats: Clean and in good condition, with no holes.
- Dog and puppy toys: Treat-dispensing toys, puzzle feeders, durable balls, tennis balls, rope toys and plush toys*.
- Cat and kitten toys: Small plush toys*, small cat scratchers (not made from cardboard), ping pong balls, wand toys, kicker toys.
*Plush toys with small parts (eg. the eyes on a teddy bear), or those filled with plastic beans or containing a battery pack, pose a safety hazard so cannot be accepted as donations.
Please note: If an item is not included in the list above, we are not able to accept it as a donation. We respectfully ask that these goods are not donated to our shelters, due to the significant resources and costs required to sort through and dispose of them.
What are the goods you can’t accept?
We are only able to accept the items listed above. If you wish to donate goods that are not on this list, you may wish to check with other shelters or rescue groups to see if they can accept your donation.
How do I donate goods?
Alternatively, you are welcome to purchase items online via your favourite shop and have them delivered to our North Melbourne shelter: The Lost Dogs’ Home, 2 Gracie Street, North Melbourne VIC 3051.
Can you collect goods for donation?
Unfortunately we cannot offer a collection service for donated goods, as our transport vehicles are required for picking up lost and abandoned pets.