North Melbourne shelter: 9.00am – 12.30pm
Campaspe shelter: 10.00am – 12.00pm
Frank Samways Veterinary Clinic: 9.00am – 12.30pm
It is outside of shelter operating hours and you have either lost your pet, or found what you suspect may be a lost pet?
What should I do if I have lost my pet?
- Make sure your contact details on your pet’s microchip and collar tag are up to date by calling National Pet Register on 1300 REG PET.
- Contact your local council. All councils operate outside normal business hours and should be contacted even if it is a weekend or public holiday.
- Be informed of your shelters operating hours and visit or call them immediately on opening.
- Review further steps you can take to find your missing pet.
What should I do if I find a lost cat or dog?
- Please be cautious when approaching strange animals. A lost animal may be afraid and attack, so if you are unsure, leave any contact to professional animal control officers.
- If the animal is friendly, please contain it as soon as possible with a lead or on your property, this will ensure it is safe from traffic or any other dangers.
- Once it is contained you may want to check its collar for an identification tag and/or contact your local council. Please remember that all councils operate outside normal business hours and should be contacted even if it is a weekend or public holiday.
- You can also contact National Pet Register on 1300 REG PET if they have a green National Pet Register tag.
I need a vet to urgently see your pet outside of clinic operating hours?
- Stay informed of out clinic operating hours.
- If you need a vet urgently outside of our operating hours, you can contact the Animal Accident and Emergency Centre on (03) 9379 0700 for the Essendon centre and (03) 8368 7400 for the Point Cook centre.
- If you live outside of Melbourne, please contact your nearest animal hospital.